Stonehall and Lydden Halt railway station served the village of Lydden, Kent, England, from 1914 to 1954 on the Chatham Main Line.
Stonehall and Lydden Halt | |
|---|---|
| General information | |
| Location | Lydden, Kent England |
| Coordinates | 51.1644°N 1.2446°E / 51.1644; 1.2446 |
| Grid reference | TR269455 |
| Other information | |
| Status | Disused |
| History | |
| Original company | London, Chatham and Dover Railway |
| Pre-grouping | London, Chatham and Dover Railway |
| Post-grouping | Southern Railway |
| Key dates | |
| June 1914 (1914-06) | Opened |
| 5 April 1954 (1954-04-05) | Closed |
The station was opened to the public in June 1914 by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway, although it was used earlier by miners and workmen on 1 January 1914 and used for the Temple Ewell Parish Council meeting on 30 March 1914. It was known as Lydden Halt around this time. It closed on 5 April 1954,[1] although it was used by staff going to Dover on 17 June 1957, when it was known as Stonehall.[2]
| Preceding station | Historical railways | Following station | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Shepherds Well Line and station open |
London, Chatham and Dover Railway Chatham Main Line |
Kearsney Line and station open | ||
This article on a railway station in South East England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. |